Focus on customer happiness, be part of the journey to build a household brand, and a platform for creators.
Oki Social is a company that makes and sells art and crafts that are inspired by Okinawa. We also host marketplaces for other creators to share their work. Our products are sold all over Okinawa and other countries too. We are looking for a new part-time sales associate to work at our kiosk store inside the Exchange on Kadena Air Force Base.
As a sales associate, you will work in the store and interact with customers and vendors every day. You will be responsible for helping customers find the right gifts and navigate our ever-changing inventory. This job is open to anyone who is a local national, Japan permanent resident or SOFA personnel. If you want to be part of a supportive team and improve your interpersonal skills, this is a great opportunity for you.
- Strong customer service skills. You must be able to communicate effectively with customers, understand their needs, and provide helpful and friendly service.
- Must be flexible with hours. Our schedule changes every month. We have two shifts each day and the store is open 7 days a week. The morning shift is from 9:45am to 2:30pm and the afternoon shift is from 2:00pm to 7:15pm. You will be required to work on either shift and also on weekends regularly.
- Positive attitude and ability to work well in a team: You should be able to work well with their colleagues, maintain a positive attitude and be able to help out with different tasks as needed.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Responsible for opening and closing of the register and all related financial transactions.
- Oversee the general operations of the store, including maintaining an organized and presentable appearance.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by greeting each customer in a professional and courteous manner.
- Actively promote and merchandise products to increase sales.
- Assist with light restocking duties, and inform the Store Manager of any items that are low in inventory.
- Relay customer requests or product needs to the Store Manager for appropriate action.
- Adhere to established procedures to ensure the store’s needs are met and customer satisfaction is achieved.
Workload & schedule
- $10 / hour
*Individuals who fall under the jurisdiction of the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) may be subject to a 20% income tax as imposed by the Japanese government.
- 20 – 40 hours per week.