Focus on customer happiness, be part of the journey to build a household brand, and a platform for creators.
Oki Social is a company that makes and sells art and crafts that are inspired by Okinawa. We also host marketplaces for other creators to share their work. Our products are sold all over Okinawa and other countries too. We are looking for a new part-time sales associate to work at our kiosk store inside the Exchange on Kadena Air Force Base.
As a sales associate, you will work in the store and interact with customers and vendors every day. You will be responsible for helping customers find the right gifts and navigate our ever-changing inventory. This job is open to anyone who is a Japanese national or Japan permanent resident. If you want to be part of a supportive team and improve your interpersonal skills, this is a great opportunity for you.
- Japanese national or permanent resident in Japan. Kadena AFB access preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate comfortably in English.
- Strong customer service skills. You should be able to effectively communicate with customers, understand their needs, and provide helpful and friendly service.
- Flexibility with hours. Our schedule changes every month, with two shifts each day and the store open 7 days a week. The morning shift is from 9:45am to 2:30pm and the afternoon shift is from 2:00pm to 7:15pm. You will be required to work on either shift and regularly on weekends.
- Positive attitude and ability to work well in a team. You should be able to collaborate effectively with colleagues, maintain a positive attitude, and assist with various tasks as needed.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Responsible for opening and closing of the register and all related financial transactions.
- Oversee the general operations of the store, including maintaining an organized and presentable appearance.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by greeting each customer in a professional and courteous manner.
- Actively promote and merchandise products to increase sales.
- Assist with light restocking duties, and inform the Store Manager of any items that are low in inventory.
- Relay customer requests or product needs to the Store Manager for appropriate action.
- Adhere to established procedures to ensure the store’s needs are met and customer satisfaction is achieved.
Workload & schedule
- $10 / hour (plus bonus after three months)
- 15 – 20 hours per week (could increase in the future)