This position is not longer open
Oki Social is looking for a Part-time Assistant Store Manager to join our team at The Kadena Exchange.
Established in Okinawa in 2016, Oki Social is known for providing original, Okinawa inspired art and crafts to people who love and miss Okinawa dearly. Besides creating products, we also host arts and crafts focused marketplace called Okinawa Creators Fest, to provide opportunities for creators to build and share something with people who value creativity and originality. Oki Social products are sold at more than 10 locations in Okinawa. If you like working with people, expand your social network on Okinawa, ready to lead and learn, we would like to invite you to join our team as an Assistant Store Manager to work at the Exchange on Kadena Air Force Base.
As the Assistant Store Manager, you are responsible for assisting the operation manager with the day-to-day operations at our stores in the Kadena Exchange where we currently operate one kiosk shop and a physical store. This is a part-time position, and it is open to local nationals and SOFA personnel. We can’t wait to meet you.
- Previous working experience in retail management is a plus but not required
- Excellent in verbal communication
- Must be flexible with work hours (evening and weekends included)
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be comfortable working with technology (mobile device, cloud-base apps, and printer).
- Assist operation manager to complete day-to-day operational tasks in store
- Work with suppliers and vendors to keep the stores well stocked
- Be the cheerleader and first point of contact for sales associates. Work together with the sales team to provide high-level customer service to our guests
- Provide onboard training to new sales associates
Workload & schedule
- $12 / hour. Up to 30 hours per week.